Monday, November 19, 2012

Mmmm...Chinese

Monday Monday! Here we are again a whole week later. I have a busy week ahead with a couple days of work, Thanksgiving, Mom coming to visit :), Souper dinner at Church,etc. It will be a great week, just busy. I didn't let that stop me though, I made dinner, a wonderful dinner in fact.
 
Tonights dinner was Chinese inspired. We have had Rice a Roni Fried Rice in the pantry for a long time now and every so often I think, "we should use that", and then we don't. Well tonight I finally used the rice. I made a chicken and veggie stir fry to go along with our fried rice.
 
Real simple cooking tonight:
Make the fried rice according to the box. (brown rice a bit then add water and spice packet until boiling, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes covered)
 
Brown the chicken in a large enough pan, then add your veggies(I used corn and green beans, it's what we had) and enough stir fry( I used Kikkoman Brand, I really like it and so does Walt) to lightly cover your chicken and veggies.
 
I served my stir fry overtop the rice but you could mix them all together. It took less than 25 minutes total and was so great. I enjoyed every last bite, as did Walt.
 
I also made this weekend for coffee and fellowship at church(youth sponsored this week) chocolate chip mini muffins and cinnamon streusal muffin tops. They were delicious and we had barely any left. In fact, they were so good, I made some more chocolate mini muffins(dessert) for Harmony's Annual Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow. I also, made some corn for the feast, nothing fancy but a neccessary side, indeed.
 
Also, this week we will be making corn muffins and soup for Wednesday night. Walt and my Mom will probably take charge on that given that I still have work and other such things to do.
 
Come back either Thursday Night or Friday sometime for my first ever Thanksgiving Feast cooked 98% by yours truly! Walt and my mom will be around to help if needed, probably, lifting of the turkey, and cutting it. But I am determined to do as much as I can. As of right now, our menu will consist of turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes(maybe, probably party potatoes, haven't decided yet),corn, rolls, and of course stuffing.

Have a great Turkey Day! and enoy this time of year, remember what you are thankful for, not just Thursday but all year round :)

Jamie






No comments:

Post a Comment