I have cooked a lot since my last post, I just haven't had much time to sit down and write about it.
I have made kielbasa casserole that made me melt back into my childhood for a bit. Rice, cheese kielbasa, what could be better, not much, ha. Which I heard from quite a few tasters that it was delicious! Thanks mom for the recipe! :)
I also made Christmas breakfast and Christmas dinner. Last year Walt and I started a tradition without even knowing it. We had fajitas for dinner and this year we opted to do the same. They are easy but so good and you can make any sides you chose to go with it.
For breakfast I made gingerbread pancakes & waffles and bacon. With the help of my man, because we were enjoying each others company that beautiful Christmas morn. The pancakes and waffles were delicious and we served them with some fresh maple syrup that just added to the taste.
Dinner as I said was fajitas, a Shadle recipe that has become a staple in the Hampton household. Homemade fajitas sauce served on chicken with any kind of toppings you may want. I usually go with sour cream and cheese but could easily eat my fajita without.
The next big thing I made was walts birthday cake that was in the shape of a grassy field with a soccer ball. I had no basis for how to make the soccer ball other than the round pan. So I went ahead and free handed the design, and if I do say so myself, I think I did a pretty good job.
I have been super busy most week nights and have been eating whatever we scrounge up, so now that things are settling back in, I will hopefully stay more on top of cooking and posting. I look forward to using the stack of recipes Inuit got in the mail from my wonderful auntie r as well as the recipes I have acquired over the past few months from family and friends.
Look for new postings soon!
<3
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment