Monday, August 6, 2012

The beginning!

I have decided to start cooking dinner once a week something most know is quite a daunting task for me. I will embark on this journey with an open mind and the knowledge that I will definitely grow. I am going to experiment weekly with not asking tons of questions about silly things.

I will take the next 10 Monday's starting today and see what I can do.

I will keep this blog to chronicle my journey to culinary freedom!

Tonight's menu:
Parmesan and ritz cracker crusted chicken
Creamy Parmesan grains
Corn
Broccoli
Caesar salad

I started by crushing the ritz crackers and adding grated parmesan to them.
I then coated 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts with mayonnaise. I then covered each breast fully with the breadcrumb mixture.
I baked the chicken for 25 minutes at 375• in the oven.

The creamy parmesan was a creative grains box mix but it was delicious. It had white rice and pearled wheat with Parmesan cheese and seasonings in it.

I then made broccoli (for my husband) and corn(for myself)

The caesar salad was just simple romaine with Parmesan cheese(again) and creamy caesar dressing.

I only asked a few questions tonight on my first adventure into cooking. Most things that I said though were "can you open the mayo I have chicken on my hands", "do you want anything specific done to your broccoli", and "the best temp for chicken according to our thermometer is 180• is this accurate?".

I think I did very well. And Walt said the food was delicious.

Here are some pictures of the process and the food itself. Also an empty plate afterwards showing Walt's true enjoyment of the food.

6 comments:

  1. You go girl. How do you feel about ground beef. I have a made up Italian casserole that's easy to make and very adaptable. Let me know.
    Love auntie R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am looking for a ground beef recipe to make in my weeks. You could email it to me :)

      Delete
  2. Bravo!! I am so so excited for you! Cannot wait to see what's up for next week! Your dinner looks scrumptious. I'm so proud of you for branching out and growing so much. I love you bestfriend!
    Jeny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test for you mom. Maybe she should blog about learnign how to work the internet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Aunt is so funny. Anyway your dinner looks wonderful. So sorry I never taught you to cook, I was afriad you would get burnt. Must stems from the hot tea spill. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! its ok. I am learning now and I've learned alot already I just wanted to try things a little more complicated than always using a box
      Love you!

      Delete