Well, it is Monday. So I made dinner. Walt just got a new job as a Youth Director at church in Lexington SC, tonight he had to go to a meeting there. I wasn't sure if I would be motivated to cook for just myself(ALL by myself), however, I did it!
Sorry I will apologize in advance, there are no pictures this time. I was too hungry to focus on anything but getting the food made and in my belly :)
Like I said in my last post I was going to make Pork and Couscous. Well, I made couscous with garlic and olive oil. From a box but it is so delicious. And it was the healthier option. I thought about just making some Kraft mac n cheese but was determined to make something different. The couscous was a great choice, it was wheat couscous(a first for me, FANTASTIC)
I heated some frozen corn up in the microwave and toasted some leftover cheddar beer bread while I let the couscous sit for 5 minutes to fluff and I made my pork.
The pork was simple. I made 2 bone-in pork chops with a little salt and pepper. Cooked simply in a little olive oil on medium. They took no time at all, when they were done the rest of my food was also ready.
SO I ate, all by myself. Walt will eat his dinner when he returns from his meeting. I think my food was worth making dinner for one. We have to wait and see what Walt says when he eats the leftovers.
I have no idea what I am going to make next week, we'll just have to wait and see! Come back to find out what I decided on. Maybe something fall like. It is finally starting to feel a little cooler and I am excited about that.
See you in a week
Jamie
Leftovers were absolutely delicious!
ReplyDelete