I had planned yesterday that I was going to make dinner today and after looking at the weather report for the day I decided to make a crockpot meal. What is better than a rainy, chilly(not very, it is COLA in August) day with a crockpot meal making your home smell AMAZING all day. So around noon when the clouds really seemed to roll back in I started my meal.
Ingredients:
Potatoes
Pork Roast
Ranch Packet
8 oz Cream Cheese(softened)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
While my wonderful husband did the couple dishes that were in the kitchen I pealed and cut my small red potatoes. Just enough to cover the bottom of the crockpot. I cut my potatoes into the fourths. I sprayed some Pam in the bottom of the pan so that the potatoes didn't end up glued to the pot.
I then placed all the potatoes in the pot.
In a medium sized bowl I beat the cream cheese, can of cream of chicken and a can of water(2/3 full) until smooth. I then mixed in the ranch packet.
I placed the pork on top of the potatoes and poured the soup cream mixture in the whole pot. Our crockpot is a small one so I had a little bit of extra soup cream mixture. If I had put it all in it would have been too full.
I started the crockpot on high for 30 minutes and switched to low afterwards. It stayed on low from 1pm-6pm. (5 1/2 hrs total cook time) Which gave me plenty of time to sit and read a good book and watch a movie (take a nap) while smelling that delicous ranch pork.
I made some grands biscuits and that was that. It was a delicious meal that was super filling. The pork was almost falling apart, no knife needed. The potaoes were just right, and the extra sauce kept everything flavorful and moist.
I was going to make some veggies to go with our meal but becuase I fell asleep I didn't. I also decided after looking at the potatoes and the meat that it was going to be a very filling meal and we could do without the extra food, and I was right. We had just the right amount of food to be satisfied but not overly stuffed.
Great for leftovers. I will be taking a tupperware container of meat and potatoes for lunch on our first day back to school tomorrow. What a great way to start the year!
I plan on making dinner again tomorrow so come back to find out what I make. It will be great!
:) Jamie
Looks amazing, would love to try it but no one would eat it. Keep up the good work. Love Mom
ReplyDelete