It was a long day and I had a headache, knee ache(silly weather), and a stiff neck(silly bed/sleeping funny last night) but I made dinner anyway. We got home later than ususal and I easily could have said eh, lets just have leftovers or either of the frozen pizza that we had in the freezer, but I DIDN'T.
I have made a bunch of things that are similar to recipes I've gotten from other people, recipes family and friends have sent me, and recipes from books I've recieved! So tonight I made Lemon Chicken(but not quite the Hamptons version).
I did what I always do if I do not know what I am going to make for dinner, I scoured the internet and my food apps. I came across a recipe for "easy lemon chicken", and thought EASY, PERFECT! It got even better the recipe called for simply dredging your chicken breasts in lemon juice and then coating in breadcrumbs, which was perfect given I normally use milk and/or an egg to coat my chicken and I didn't have ANY eggs, and very little milk(enough to drink with dinner though).
Lemon Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
breadcrumbs( I added celery salt)
lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 use a little lemon juice to wet your baking dish. Pour more lemon juice in a bowl or plate with a lip and breadcrumbs as well. Dredge your chicken in lemon juice, coat with breadcrumbs, and place in baking dish. Bake until chicken is done. I always have to switch our oven to broil for a few minutes at the end of the bake time to finish browning my breadcrumb topping.
I also made French whole wheat couscous. Simple Simple Simple.
Couscous:
1 1/2 c chicken stock
1 c couscous
bring stock to boil stir in couscous bring back to a boil for 2 minutes or until stock is absorbed. remove from heat let stand 5 minutes fluff with fork
(I added a little salt to mine and Walt added a little pepper to his)
I as usual made some corn and green beans in the microwave.
Everything was DELICIOUS! The lemon chicken tasted just lemony enough and was so easy it will definitely be added to my rotation of dredges. The couscous was fantastic, I added my corn into my couscous and enjoyed that very much(in fact it is what I am taking for lunch tomorrow).
I hope you all enjoyed your dinner and have a great week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment