Monday, October 1, 2012

Did that really just happen?

The answer is YES!

After a week of headaches and being exhausted from them I finally feel like myself and have cooked.
Saturday night Walt and I spent the evening babysitting two of the greatest boys with two of the greatest parents we know. Stephanie set out a bunch of cookbooks for me to look through and I most certainly did, they entire time the boys were sleeping I was reading recipes. Not only did she do this, she brought home a cookbook from the store for me :)
So, after not being sure what I was going to make this week, I spent most of Sunday evening looking through my brand new cookbook. :) Thank you Stephanie

I decided on Chicken with noodles! Which was a fantastic and so easy. Also, I made eggplant(thanks Debbie for the eggplant) and green beans and corn.

The recipe for the Chicken with noodles was so simple:
Chicken breast cut into pieces
oil (for the skillet)
cream of Chicken soup(We didn't have that so I used cream of Onion)
onion(we didn't have any, so the soup worked out great)
1/3 c milk
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
black pepper to taste
noodles(cooked)

I cooked my noodles first. Then cooked the chicken in the oil until well browned. mix the soup, milk, cheese, and pepper together. After the chicken is cooked add the noodles and the soup mixture to the already hot pan with the chicken in it. Allow the whole thing to cook while stirring until hot and bubbly.

Eggplant(YES IT DID JUST HAPPEN):
Eggplant(cut into the little pieces)
garlic powder
onion powder
oil(for skillet)
wine(I used moscato)

Cook the eggplant on medium in a medium sized skillet in the oil for about 5 mins after that add the powders and the wine still on medium for another 5-8 minutes. Until just soft enough.

The other veggies  were nothing special. Just microwaved and ready to go.


The chicken with noodles was so great. It was almost like Alfredo but with onion flavoring and less cheesiness. I am so excited to eat it for lunch tomorrow and the rest of the week(I made ALOT).

The eggplant(yes I ALSO ATE IT) was ok. It wasn't bad but it definitely is not something I will go out of my way for.







                this is my I'm terrified face

 but hey that eggplant wasn't bad at all


2 comments:

  1. AHGWUTHFJADSHFKJHFUASKDFNKANFJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Eggplant?!?!?!? ksdjdgtwmasbv!!!!

    Amazing! Congratulations!! Looks delicious!

    I love love love you!!! (and not just because you eat eggplant) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started eating brussel sprouts last year and you know how old I am. But the mini ones in a little soy sauce are actually pretty good. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete