Today was rainy and under 60 degrees. That is just absurd, mainly because by Wednesday it could go back up to 80 something, and today was only a 30% chance of rain. Talk about crazy weather.
So, after being cold almost all day! I decided to make some comfort food. Panini's and tomato soup(yes, Aunt Robin, I said couscous but it was just so darn chilly in our apartment that soup sounded GREAT, so I will make couscous later this week :) )
Although both were very simple things they were delicious.
My panini was made on the fabulous griddler that we use often and love(thanks momma). I have heard on lots of blogs, tv shows, and in books, that mayonaise makes a great way to make sure your sandwich doesn't stick as well as browns well. So I decided to try that out tonight. I also mixed mustard powder into my mayo to give it a great flavor. My panini was made of sourdough bread slathered in mayo on the sides touching the griddler plates. On the inside of my sandwich was mustard, swiss cheese and honey ham. I made my sandwich on medium heat for about 4 minutes once the plates were preheated.
I also made tomato soup, good ole campbells tomato soup. I made the creamier version of the soup by adding a can full of milk instead of can full of water to the condensed soup. After I had it heated (on the stovetop, not the microwave, although both seem to taste the same) I added some fresh mozzerella to the top of my soup.
It all warmed me and tasted great! Walt was out for the night at Church for a meeting. So he didn't get to try any of the great food, but he did take half a regular sandwich with him. I'm sure he would have enjoyed a panini better though.
To finish my night of food, I also made some pumpkin spice bars to take to work with me tomorrow(because I am going to miss Kat and wanted to bring her one last snack,at Harmony that is because I will be coming to get food from her at her new job!) I used a mix but added cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and a little bit of cloves to the mix. They smell great, they are still cooling so I do not know how they taste. I literally, just pulled them out of the oven before starting this.
Enjoy your week! Hope the weather is more steady for ya'll than it is down here!
Jamie
Mmm!! It was freezing up here last night too. I wore a hoodie and sweatpants and socks to bed and slept under 2 comforters. And! I made grilled cheese with muenster and avocado last night.... that's kinda similar haha
ReplyDeleteI miss you Jamie!! I'm so glad you're doing this blog, it somehow feels like you're just next door instead of ... however many states there are between us. 5? I'd love to hear how the pumpkin spice bars turn out! They sound delicious.
I love you!!