Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pep Pep Pepper!!!

Thanks to a wonderful Harmony Mom(and family), we have peppers (green bell and banana) :) fresh from their garden. So as soon as I left Harmony today I whipped out my phone to try and find a stuffed pepper recipe. However, what I came up with was my own stuffed pepper recipe. And instead of making stuffed peppers, I made a casserole with peppers cut up in it. I like to call it Stuffed Pepper Casserole. Many Thanks Melanie for thinking of me today with all your peppers :)

Stuffed Pepper Casserole:

Cut up bell peppers( I did 3 small peppers, meant to do 5 though)
Cut up banana peppers (2)
8 oz cream cheese softened
half a bag of mexican blend cheese
2 c chicken broth
chicken cut up(and cooked)
2 c rice(cooked)
corn(which I FORGOT)
1 1/2 TBS garlic powder
1 1/2 TBS onion powder
bread crumbs for topping
more of the bag of cheese for topping

After cooking the chicken and rice and prepping my peppers, I preheated my oven to 350. I mixed up my cream cheese sauce next. I added the broth and the cream cheese together in a bowl following up with the mexican cheese. I then added my garlic and onion. I added some breadcrumbs too. After mixing this I mixed the chicken, peppers, and rice together in a casserole dish. I then sprinkled the top with cheese and bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until breadcrumbs lightly brown and casserole hot through.


This dish was delicious. I yet again got over my fear of hot oil and cooked my chicken this way to give it a little crisp before adding it to the casserole. Also, I set the smoke detector off by setting the burner my rice was on on fire. Once, Walt got the fire out and I had the smoke detector under control I restarted my rice on another burner and the rest went off without a hitch. The casserole could really only be made better by adding the extra two peppers I had planned on and the corn, (whoops) but it was fantastic!

Now it is time for me to enjoy my favorite Thursday night TV with my wonderful man! Enjoy your Friday and your weekend!

:) Jamie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment