Catchy title right? Well when Walt asked what was for dinner tonight I said "Gnocchi" and Walt's response was "Who's There?", I about died laughing.
Tonights dinner was a very simple one. I bought Gnocchi yesterday because I have wanted to make homemade Gnocchi and know that it is time consuming and hard so I have yet to do because of my lack time when getting home from work. I decided to just cave and make the store bought stuff and make homemade on a Saturday in the near future.
To make dinner tonight even better then just simple old store bought, cooks in 1-2 mins, gnocchi I used store bought tomato sauce and made it taste like homemade. As many of you know pasta sauce is something I CAN most definitely make and make it well. So, I have tried to only use homemade but I always have a can or jar in the pantry for the night I go to pull out my sauce and there isn't any left. I enjoy greatly making homemade sauce and I will say that I could not get my temp right on the stovetop tonight and my stove now looks like it usually does when I spend hours making my homemade stuff, however, all it was a can being heated up.
I did say I dressed it up some, well my simplest way of doing this is to add garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning. All to taste and obviously it depends on how much sauce you have in your pan. But I always add more garlic than onion. My other super top secret(so I'm going to have kill you if I tell you, HAHA just kidding) ingredient is parmesan cheese about 1-2 Tbs depending on your amount of sauce. If I have the good stuff I will certainly add fresh parmesan before Kraft grated but I did not so I used the grated stuff tonight.
My sauce was amazing by the time it was heated up, and now I have sauce to add to some previously cooked noodles this week for lunch :)
Great dinner, super simple, and super cheap.
Hope you all have a great week and have learned how to make your sauce go from boring to DELICIOUS!
Yummy looking but where's the broccoli. I'll send you a vegetable chowder recipe even you will eat. Alex made it yesterday and it was awesome. Stay safe and dry.
ReplyDelete