Chicken:
2 1b whole roaster chicken
enough garlic powder to coat outer chicken
enough onion powder to coat chicken
1/2 can sunkist(or any orange carbonated drink)
1/4 c butter
Preheat oven to 350. While oven is preheating sprinkle garlic and onion on chicken(I also sprinkled it inside the chicken), place in a baking dish big enough to hold your chicken( I used an 8x8). Place 1/8 c butter in pieces on top of chicken. Put chicken in the oven for 30 mins. Take chicken out up your oven temp to 375 and place the remaining 1/8 c butter on chicken. Bake another 45 mins. Take out pour 1/2 can orange soda on chicken and return to oven for 5 mins.
I didn't taste much of the orange and neither did Walt, so I'm assuming if you add more it might taste more like it. You could taste the garlic and onion and that was a perfect combo. It all tasted great and will make for wonderful leftovers for both of this week.
Also, on Saturday, I made a cupcake cake in the shape of a pumpkin. I am a huge baker and love to ice things. I ran out of icing bags last time I baked and iced cupcakes so this weekend I bought more and it felt so good to have real icing bags back in my hands and not some silly ziploc bag that doesn't work well. I enjoyed my afternoon of baking and icing and hope you enjoy my pumpkin picture. :)
Happy Halloween! Enjoy, Be Safe, and Stay Warm :)
The chicken looks yummy. And the cupcakes fantastic
ReplyDelete